Monday, January 28, 2013

Nuts Payasam


Last week I tried this payassam it worked good for my kids, best way to add nuts. One of my little one doesn’t show much interest on nuts. I grind the nuts and added to payasam, I used 2 cups of milk so it was bit thick close to pudding consistency so my little one loved it and she named this as milk pudding.

Ingredients:


Sabudana/ Javvarisi
2 Tbsp
Vermicilli
3 Tbsp
Almond
2 Tbsp
Chasew nut
2 Tbsp
Pista
2 Tbsp
Milk
3 cups
Sugar
½ cup
Raisin
1 Tbsp
Cardamom powder
¼ tsp
Ghee
½ Tbsp
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

Directions:


  1. Soak all nuts separately for 3 hours. Peel the skin and grind to a course paste.
  2. Heat one cup water in a pan, when it starts to boil, add sabudana, when its ¾ cooked add vermicili, cook for another 5 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile boil milk in another pan, add ground nut paste and cook until raw smell goes. In this stage add sugar, cardamom and cooked vermicili mixture and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
  4. Finally roast the raisin in ghee and to payasam. Serve warm or cold.
 
Note: Once it starts to cool, it will turn thick if you need add milk while serving.
 
 
Sharing to: Jagruti ,