Thursday, April 18, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Jello


Today’s recipe is also going to be kids friendly one. Recently my kids are crazy on jello, when ever we go for grocery shopping they pick their favorite color jello packs. I don’t want to buy those artificial flavors, hope most of the moms are like me. I use to tell them mommy will prepare it in home, for how many days I can say the same dialogue. In a stage we all got bored and ended up with this strawberry jello yesterday. After preparing this thought this is also a nice way to feed strawberry both of my kids love strawberries but hate to eat, still I was not able to satisfy one, she needs mango flavor. Again I prepared the next batch with mango this morning.


Ingredients:


Strawberry pure
¾ cups
Gelatin or Agar agar powder
1 ½ Tbsp
Sugar
¾ cup
Water
2 cups
Strawberry juice
½ cup
 



 

 

Directions:

  1. Clean and cut the strawberries, blend that in a mixe or blender and filter just to remove the seeds.
  2. In one cup cold water add gelatin and set aside for 10 minutes (stir it occasionally).
  3. Add sugar and strawberry juice to the pure and mix well, microwave this pure mixture for 30 seconds or warm it little bit (don’t boil just room temperature). 
  4. Boil another cup of water and add to gelatin mixture (make sure it is dissolved before adding boiling water).
  5. Pour in the strawberry mixture to gelatin mixture and mix well.
  6. Transfer to the serving bowl or any mold. And refrigerate for 1-2 hours.  
  7. Before serving run a sharp knife around the edges and place the mold in warm water for 20 seconds, and flip that in a plate.
 
 
 

Note:
  • Instead for strawberry you can use any other fruits. If you don’t have strawberry juice you can add apple or orange juice. I didn’t add juice but added a thin pure of strawberry.
  • For mango jello I used ½ cup of mango pulp and 1 cup mango passion fruit juice.
  • Adding sugar is your choice; since I used fresh fruit for strawberry jello I used ¾ cup sugar. But for mango I used only 4 tsp you will have sugar in juice, so try to adjust the sugar level.
 

17 comments:

vaishali sabnani said...

I like this one..like that topping with sprinklers.real cool one.

Nargis Aara said...

Very simple recipe i always had doubts regarding gelatin this post made it clear on hw gelatin works thank u for such simple recipe

Priya Suresh said...

An excellent chilled dessert, love this kind of simple and refreshing dessert very much.

Srivalli said...

What a lovely idea..am I yet to try jelly on my boys..this surely tempts me to do so!

Unknown said...

It is very easy to make jello at home. Great find this has been. Bookmarking.

The Pumpkin Farm said...

even my kid loves jelly, will definielt try making this, looks lovely

nayana said...

yummy jello for kids....

Manju said...

Vishali that's my kids idea.

Chef Mireille said...

absolutely love this. this way we can customize to any fruit we like.

preeti garg said...

Lovely

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Yummy looking jello,kids favorite...

Harini R said...

I have been postponing to make jello with agar agar..lovely texture!

sujitha said...

Yummy jeloo.... interesting and inviting to kids....

Archana said...

Cool with this all the complaints that you never make anything nice can take a lid ... for sometime!

Pavani said...

Lovely looking jello.. I'm sure kids will love it.

veena said...

Looks super nice. Kids will love it

Rajani S said...

This is impressive, I am sure this is a hit with adults as well!