Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Raw Mango Pachadi / Instant Mango Pickle


Raw mangoes are very famous during summer, back home we use to make pickle and it’s a long process. Mango pachadi is also close to pickle but you can’t keep it for longtime. During our childhood me and my cousins are so crazy on these mangoes there is a farm (Maa Thopu) in my aunt’s place it is in top of the hill, there is a temple too. Yearly once there will be a function definitely we wont miss this function for those mangoes. I was so happy to share this wonderful experience.

Ingredients:


Raw mango
1
Chili powder
2 tsp
Salt
1 tsp
Coconut oil
1 tsp
Mustard seeds
¼ tsp
Asafetida
a pinch
 
 
 


 

Directions:

Finely chop the mango, add chili powder and salt mix well. Heat oil splutter mustard seeds and asafetida add to mango mixture and serve.
Notes:
  • You can add one teaspoon of brown sugar my mango was little bit sweet so I didn’t add.
  • Instead of mango you can use gooseberry (small) in this recipe.
 

13 comments:

divyagcp said...

This is one of my favorite. Pickle looks so tempting..

The Pumpkin Farm said...

never used coconut oil, looks nice

Foodiliciousnan said...

Best with curd rice. Nothing can beat this!

Priya Suresh said...

Who can resist to these pickles, definitely not me,drooling here.

Harini R said...

Simple and tasty pickle for sure.

Archana said...

Resiting pickle is not something easy. And especially for me. I love them.

Srivalli said...

This is my favorite pickle..very nice one..

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Finger licking pickle,easy to make..

Pavani said...

My mouth is watering here.. Such a simple and yummy pachadi.

vaishali sabnani said...

absolutely delicious..love raw mango in any form.

veena said...

absolutely delicious with curd rice

Suma Gandlur said...

Mouth watering pickle.

Rajani S said...

This pairs so well with curd rice. Yours have come out just perfect!