When I was little I don’t like this vegetable even I don’t show interest to taste it. During my college days I don’t know how I started to eat this, but loved what ever my mom makes out of Perikangai.
Perikangai chopped 2 cup
Onion chopped ½ cup
Green chili 1-2
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Turmaric powder 1 tsp
Chili powder ½ cup
- In a pan heat oil splutter mustard seeds, add onion, curry leaves and green chilli.
- Wait until onion turns soft; add perikangai and sauté for few minutes.
- Now add turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- Sprinkle some water and allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Once its done mash it or blend it. Serve with Idli and Dosa.
For mashing use blender, grind into a course paste. it should be chunky.